Things I have learned how to do after eight years of living in a building built in 1925, under the supervision of a lazy landlord who would prefer I handle all repairs myself and take it out of the rent:
1) Take apart windows to clean both sides of the glass.
2) Rescreen window screens.
3) Caulk the tub.
4) Snake drains.
5) Replace deadbolts/chains/doorknobs.
6) Track down difficult-to-find hinges that exactly match the holes already drilled in cabinet doors.
7) Saw a Schleutter strip to the correct size to finally replace the 1970s brass.
8) What a Schleutter strip is.
9) How to fix broken bathroom tiles.
And after eight years, I’m pleased to say that not a single original fixture remains.